I must admit I often think of great things to blog about when I am out and about doing things. For some reason the ideas seem to flow when I am driving in my car, grocery shopping, cleaning my house or pretty much any time I am not sitting at the computer. By the time I have time to blog I don't have energy to do it and so unfortunately many of my ideas are lost and gone forever. Another frustration I have about blogging is I never quite feel like I can take what is in my head and fairly transfer it to the page. Even now as I write this post I feel like my thoughts are all a jumble and not making sense. Silly, I know but true.
This, however, is not what I intended to blog about tonight. I just feel an immense amount of gratitude tonight. I just got back from Relief Society and a wonderful dinner and program. One of the things I enjoy about this time of year is the constant reminder to think of others. It is so refreshing to forget my own problems and trials and think about someone else and what I can do for them.
I really want this holiday season to be a special one and really bring Christ into our home this Christmas. I don't want to spend all month stressing about everything I "Need" to get done. I want to be able to focus on others "in need" and feel like I can do something about it. I want to be able to bake cookies with my children and deliver them unanimously to neighbors, I want to read uplifting Christmas stories every night, sing carols, and play in the snow with my kids. I want my kids to see that it is fun to give. It will take a little planning but I hope to make it work.
Lastly, sorry to change the subject yet again, but I wanted to write about my awesome running buddy. I think I am a bit selfish when it comes to running. I am not happy running with just anyone. My running buddy fills a very important need for me. It isn't just about the exercise, but the conversation and the whole experience. Running with my friend Jenn filled that need and I was very sad when we weren't able to run anymore. Fortunately, my dear friend Nicole took a risk on me and decided to join me. My only wish is that we could run more than twice a week. I look so forward to Friday and Saturday. I love running but I love running with an old friend even more. Thank you running buddies past and present.

No comments:
Post a Comment