Monday, April 13, 2009

My Poor Family

I have to admit the last couple weeks have been less than ideal for my family. I am not "officially" on bedrest but I am supposed to be taking it easy since my blood pressure is climbing. My Mom has been amazing and has taken the kids as often as she can as well as making dinner for my family and even cleaning my house. I honestly don't know how she does it, especially since she has the needs of her own ward weighing on her too (She is Relief Society President).

I know this is hard on Mark. He gets to be Mr. Mom whenever he is home so he doesn't really get a break for himself. It might not be so bad if the kids were their normal selves but they are all out of sorts at the moment.

Abby is super emotional, even for Abby. Today she started crying while watching an episode of "Authur" on PBS. Ethan is super whiny too and has resorted to temper tantrums when he doesn't get something he wants which seems to be about every ten minutes or so.

I am trying to give the kids and Mark attention as often as I can but there is only so much I can do being confined to "relaxing" and trying to stay off my feet. Don't get me wrong the kids enjoy reading books together and coloring but when the weather is nice they want to go out and play and I can't even take them for a simple walk.

I am not trying to complain because at least I am better off than I was when I was expecting Ethan, but I just feel bad for my family and I hate that feeling of being helpless. I keep telling myself just a couple more weeks, but even then we will never get "back to normal."

I really am excited for Savannah to arrive and I want her to be able to arrive healthy and when she is really. It is just hard that I can't be Mommy at 100% right now.

No comments: