Saturday, January 24, 2009

Catch Up!

So many things I want to blog about but so little time to do it. I promise I will get to updating my website maybe tomorrow. In the mean time I figured I would slip in here and fill you in on what I have been spending all my time on lately. We are currently house hunting and I am sure anyone who has ever done this before knows how time and mind consuming it can be. I know I need to take a break from it so I figured a little blogging would be a good release.

First off Ethan is...well...to put it nicely a very active child. Today was no exception. Actually I do have to admit that we took him along to look at houses today and though we will never do it again he wasn't that bad. The times he was most annoying were when we were in the car and not giving him crackers or water fast enough.

I wish I could say the same for last night. His crazy antics started at about 1:00 this morning when he decided he was going to be wide awake. I have never heard so much excited chatter and faster moving feet on an almost 2-year-old in my whole life. I think we finally got him to go back to sleep about 3:00 a.m. Needless to say Mark and I were quite tired today. At least Ethan got a nice long afternoon nap.

Now for the good part. For dinner we had spaghetti. Because the spaghetti sauce had molded we got to have Parmesan cheese instead, except Ethan who can't have the cheese. He just got plain noodles. He didn't like the fact that everyone else was sprinkling something on their noodles and he wasn't getting any so I got the salt shaker out and poured a little on his noodles. That seemed to work until I turned my back and was loading dishes in the dishwasher. He decided he needed more salt and proceeded to pour a HUGE pile on his plate. (Now in my own defense I swear I put the salt shaker far enough away from him that he couldn't get it, but that kid has rubber arms). I stopped cleaning up dishes and dinner and got him cleaned up and into the bath tub. Dinner got left on the table for me to worry about once the kids were in bed. Once the kids were all clean and ready for bed, Abby and I sat down to read and Ethan wondered around and played (Mark left after dinner to go to a bachelor party.) The next thing I hear is Ethan doing something in the kitchen. Upon entering the kitchen I find he has climbed onto a chair and gotten none other than the Parmesan cheese container which he had opened and poored into a pile in front of him. I am sure he had gotten a handful or two to his mouth before I got to him. I watched him for a while expecting to get to clean up a (excuse the graphic description) fowl pile of vomit but fortunately that hasn't happened yet. I just hope he doesn't wake up at 1:00 a.m. with a horrible tummy ache. Just another typical day since he is doing things like this all the time. Sure makes you appreciate the calm children when you have really active ones.

Oh I forgot my favorite funniest part of the story. After bath's Ethan was in Abby's room while she was getting PJs on and insisted on putting on a pair of her underwear too (don't worry it was a clean pair) I will post the picture on his webpage when I update our website.

2 comments:

Alicia said...

YES, my boy is not the only crazy one. You just made my day. I had to take Brooke to the doctor today, by myself, with three kids. Brent worked a night shift and was asleep. Carson was bouncing off the walls and getting into everything possible. I was so frustrated I made him sit by me until the doctor came in. It wasn't a moment later, I turned my back on him, and he pulled the emergency help button. The nurses came running in the room to make sure everything was okay. Oh boys. Sometimes I don't feel cut out as a mom for the kind of energy this boy has. Please tell me my baby will be a lot more mellow than his brother.

Rachel said...

Thanks for the stories! Ethan sure is an active one, but he's also one of the cutest. That's crazy that he woke up at 1am and thought he was ready to go and play. I'm glad that he was ok after eating the cheese. I guess he really wanted what everyone else had:) Good luck with all the house hunting. My friend Kate was doing the same thing all fall. It was fun because she would post a picture and the features of each house they looked at. It made me feel like I was involved (like the show House Hunters). Anyway her blog is http://andersonsinwyoming.blogspot.com/ if you want to look at some of the houses she saw (from Dec. 18 and back) It was in the fall so I don't know if any are still available, but I think they were all in the Bountiful/Woods Cross area. Anyway, good luck and also thanks for the tips on vitamins. They were very helpful!