
My little sister is an AMAZING artist so I encouraged her to enter an art show put on by the zoo. She has this gorgeous elk picture that she matted and framed (Thanks to my AMAZING and talented carpenter brother Matt but that is a post for another day) so she could submit it in the show. I really thought she would win something or at least be selected to be put on display but alas she wasn't. I do think the reason was more due to the subject in her picture and not because she doesn't deserve to be in the show. I did joke that I was going to boycott the zoo until the art show was over, just because they didn't pick her, but who goes to the zoo in February and March anyway?
Shonnie, despite the zoo's snubbing of your picture I am posting it here for all my many (or not so many) readers to see and admire. I do wish I had a picture with the frame and everything but this one will have to do. Shonnie, I hope you know that you are incredible! And hey there is always the state fair.
Just so you know this is a colored pencil drawing not a photograph. Oh and don't forget to check out her blog too so you can see her other awesome pictures. http://shonnieart.blogspot.com

3 comments:
Way to go Shonnie. That's awesome.
That's amazing! She really has a lot of talent!
WOW! That is some talent!
Post a Comment